When it comes to What’s good for teenage acne?, knowledge is your best ally. Know your situation. Know how severe it is. Know what to do about it. And most importantly, take action quickly. Acne can be like homework, if you let it pile up, it can become very difficult to overcome.
Visit a Doctor – The process will be like this,
1. Start with an antibiotic course for 4 days. helps control acne in 3-4 days.
2. Start using Benzoyl Peroxide, you can use it for 1-2 months. Once its in control you can move to milder stuff. Remember Benzoyl peroxide is drying to skin.
3. Get a Professional PEEL done, It should clear you acne in 15days. But you skin should feel very dry. you have to bear with it.
At Home Treatment
1. Start using a 2% Salcylic acid product at home daily.
2. Use a benzoyl peroxide 2.5 % gel . Your skin may start to dry a lot
3. Use a moisturising gel. Sebamed clear face gel is a good basic one that wont clog your pores. Aloe gels are Ok but I don’t like sticky and over shiny gels. Even if the gels wont completely moisture your dry skin, its ok, bear with it , don’t go for richer creams for a while.
4. After its cleared, Stop Benzoyl Peroxide. You may use Benzoyl peroxide as a spot treatment in future. Continue with Salcylic acid gels. It really does more than controlling acne.
5. Use Natural stuff(instead of benzoyl peroxide) made with – Neem, Green tea , tea tree, clove gels/face packs. They work in similar way without much side effects.
Caution – I find many gels use Menthol for cooling effect (spearmint/ peppermint), they may cause sun sensitivity and skin darkening in the long run.
1. Sleep on time
2. Stress less – Find ways to relax/meditate/ and make youself happy (IF YOU CAN DO ONE THING, THIS IS IT! )
3. Eat healthy – less salt, less saturated fats, No tomatoes, Eat 1/2 Cucumbers per day. Try to reduce acidic foods.
4. Exercise or walk for 30 min, Find your fav songs to move you!